You are here
Why should I get a student photo I.D. card?
To borrow books in person from a Laurentian University library or any other Canadian university library, a Laurentian student must present a student identification card. This card may also be used for photo identification purposes when writing exams.
A student card can also get you great discounts locally and nationally, as many services and shops will give students special offers and reductions. So don´t forget to use your student card and always ask what student offers are available; you are guaranteed to save some money!
Your photo must be:
- taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- centered and taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera.
- clear, sharp and in focus
- taken in front of a plain white or light-coloured background with a clear difference between your face and the background.
- an original photo that is not digitally altered or taken from an existing photo
- JPG file format